I was lucky enough to get these red bell peppers on sale at grocery store yesterday. So I got plenty of them and decided to make roasted red bell peppers. It just made my day!
- Red bell peppers
- Cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Wash red bell peppers and cut them as you desire. but remember to remove the seeds and membranes inside.
- Preheat your oven 230°C (475°F) to broil and preheat a few minutes.
- Place the peppers on the cookie sheet and make sure all skins side up! and ready to go! No any oil, salt!
- Place the sheet on the highest rack in your oven and roast peppers, about 30 minutes until they turn blacken skins.
- Once they are done, let them briefly cool for about 1 minute.
- Wrap up the foil and seal it so then it can keep the steam for a while at least 20 minutes.
- If they are enough cool down so then you can handle them, it is time to peel off all burned skins with only your fingers.
- Please do not rinse the peppers for keeping a smoky and sweet flavor. After you keep them in refreiger a few day, you will see the natural oil from roasted peppers.
Here is the roasted red bell pepper and poached egg.